Alexa and Google Home integrations have changed. Click here for more information.
In order to control Z-Wave devices, such as light switches, thermostats, door locks and sensors, they must be included into a Z-Wave “network”. Follow the steps below to add your Z-Wave controller and create a Z-Wave network.
- Go to the Plugins drop down menu and select Z-Wave. Select Controller Management.
- Click the Add Interface button to begin the management process.
- You will now be prompted to add an interface name, interface type, and the COM port of the interface. A good naming scheme is either the name of the interface you are using or the location of your Z-Wave controller (if you have multiple).
Note: The interface type corresponds to the type of Z-Wave controller you are using. If you have using an IP2SL/WF2SL, select the Ethernet option.
- Go ahead and click Add and let HomeSeer initialize the unit. Once initialized, you will be brought to a new screen.
- You must now enable the controller. Click the red circle with a line through it (“No symbol”) to enable it. You will see a green checkmark if the interface enabled correctly.
- To add another Z-Wave interface simply follow these instructions again.