General settings for HS4 may be accessed by clicking Setup and then selecting the General tab.
Click the REGISTER button to edit or change your license ID and password. This is useful when upgrading a trial license or moving for one edition of HS4 to another.
Click the EDIT CONFIG button to manage your system's selected data file.
- SWITCH: use to switch to another data file
- NEW: use to create a new data file
- RENAME: use to rename the selected data file
- BACKUP/RESTORE: use to backup or restore the selected data file
This setting allows HS4 to calculate sunrise and sunset times for your system. Click the SELECT LOCATION button to select the worldwide location that's closest to your HS4 installation.
Alternately, you may manually enter your longitude and latitude for even greater accuracy.
- Developer Mode: check this box to enable advanced settings (not normally needed).
- Check for Update at Startup: check this box to have HS4 check for a software update on startup.
- Launch Browser on Startup: check this box to load the web interface upon startup (not required on systems that are accessed remotely)
- Launch Speaker Client on Startup: check this box to launch the speaker client on startup (not required for most systems)
- Scripts Cannot Timeout: check this box to disable script timeouts (not required for most systems)
- New Events are Disabled by Default: check this box to prevent newly created events from firing during event creation. If checked, be sure to enable events manually after creating them.
- Enable Event Processing: this box is checked by default. Uncheck this box to disable event processing.
- HSSentry: check this box to enable HSSentry. This feature is designed to restart systems if they shut down unexpectedly.
- Temps Fahrenheit | Temps Celsius: tick the radio button next to the temperature scale you use.
- Create Devices for Counters and Timers: check this box to create HomeSeer devices for each timer or counter your create. This provides a convenient means of monitoring timers and counters on mobile device dashboards or custom screens.
- Enable Security Offset: this feature is used to randomize event time triggers for security purposes. Enter a time (in minutes) to set a range for these random values.
- Apply Color to Text: Enter the keyword, then click the COLOR button to open the color picker. Choose the color you want and click SAVE. The hex value of that color will be inserted into the color field. Finish be clicking the ADD button.
- Apply Style to Text: Create a CSS style, name the style and add it to the custom.css file in your homeseer system's html folder (Program Files/HomeSeer HS4/html/custom.css). In HS4, enter the keyword, then enter the CSS style name and click ADD.
Save Your Work!
Be sure to click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page after you're finished editing.