Devices must be manually enabled for voice commands in order to be discovered by Alexa. In HS4, it's possible to enable root devices or features. For this skill, you should only enable devices or features that are directly controllable. To enable voice commands, navigate to the settings for the root device or for the feature, and tick the Voice Command Enabled checkbox:
Use the guide below to determine which method is best for your specific devices and then check the Voice Command Enabled checkbox in the settings for the root device or for the feature(s). Use the appropriate option below depending on the type of device you wish to control.
Enable Features Root Device &
have only one controllable feature.
|Use this option for devices that |
for devices that have more than one controllable feature.
|only have a root device||Use this option ||This duplicates "Enable Root Devices" option.|
control the first feature only In the example above, the Candle Lights will be controlled and it will appear like this in Alexa: root device is disabled
|if the root device is not controllable but the features are|
|If the root device is enabled for voice, the discovered device will use the root name and will |
, and the feature are enabled(s) names every controllable feature controlled. In the example above, the Candle Lights & the Sofa Lights will be controlled they will appear like this in Alexa:
|features are enabled for voice||If the root device and features are checked, the features will be ignored and the discovery will work as if only the root device was checked. In the example above, only the Candle Lights will be controlled and it will appear like this in Alexa:|
Smart Home Skill Setup
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device or visit https://alexa.amazon.com from your web browser and sign in to your Amazon account.
- Click or tap Skills or Skills & Games and search for HomeSeer.
- Select HomeSeer Home Automation Skill and click Enable.
- Our MyHS login page will appear. Enter your credentials and click Log In.
- Close the login window and click Discover Devices. Alexa will take a moment to find all the devices it can and bring you to a list of them once it is complete. after successful account linking
Testing Control of Devices