You'll need to add a user account to your HS4 system with your MyHS credentials and you'll need to enable Admin and Local permissions to this account. Once that's done, you'll need to enable voice commands for the HomeSeer devices or device features you wish to control with Alexa. Follow these steps to set this up:
Add MyHS User Account to HS4
Open your HomeSeer system's web interface and navigate to Setup > Users. Add a new user with your MyHS account credentials. Enable Admin and Local permissions.
Enable Voice Commands for HS4 Devices or Features
Devices must be manually enabled for voice commands in order to be discovered by Alexa. In HS4, it's possible to enable root devices or features. To enable voice commands, navigate to the settings for the root device or for the feature, and tick the Voice Command Enabled checkbox:
Use the guide below to determine which method is best for your specific devices and then check the Voice Command Enabled checkbox in the settings for the root device or for the feature(s). Use the appropriate option below depending on the type of device you wish to control.
|Enable Root Devices|
|Enable Features||Enable Root Device & Features|
|Use this option for devices that have only one controllable feature.||Use this option for devices that have more than one controllable feature.|
Pairing HS4 and Alexa
|This duplicates "Enable Root Devices" option.|
|If the root device is enabled for voice, the discovered device will use the root name and will control the first controllable feature only. In the example above, the Candle Lights will be controlled and it will appear like this in Alexa:||If the root device is disabled for voice, and the feature are enabled, the discovered device(s) will use the feature names and every controllable feature will be controlled. In the example above, the Candle Lights & the Sofa Lights will be controlled they will appear like this in Alexa:||If the root device and features are checked, the features will be ignored and the discovery will work as if only the root device was checked. In the example above, the Candle Lights will be controlled and it will appear like this in Alexa:|
Smart Home Skill Setup
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device or visit visit https://alexa.amazon.com from your web browser and sign in if you aren't alreadyto your Amazon account.
- Click or tap Skills or Skills & Games and search for HomeSeer. You will find two skills available, please click here to learn about their differences. Both skills can be used at the same time.Select one of the two skills
- Select HomeSeer SmartHome and click Enable. You will be brought to a
- Our MyHS login page , enter will appear. Enter your credentials and click click Log In. After successfully logging in, close
- Close the login window and click Discover Devices.
- Alexa will take a moment to find all the devices it can and bring you to a list of them once it is complete. You are now ready to start issuing voice commands!
Adding More Devices