This integration uses a custom skill that allows HomeSeer users to control all of their devices and device features with simple commands using Amazon's Smart Home skill API. This implementation supports ON, OFF, DIM and THERMOSTAT devices for direct control and users can create Routines to control other devices with custom phrases.
events. The voice syntax is a bit more complex than it is with our SmartHome skill but it provides more complete control of systems.
Voice Command Syntax Samples
- “Alexa"Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn off the kitchen light”light"
- “Alexa"Alexa, tell HomeSeer to set the thermostat to 65 degrees”degrees"“Alexa, dim the porch light to 50%”
- "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to unlock the front door"
- "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to get the status of my temperature sensor"
- "Alexa, open the garage door" (Routine)tell HomeSeer to run the SUNSET event"
- HomeSeer HS4 System (HomeTroller or computer running HS4 software)
- MyHS Remote Access Service
- Amazon Alexa-powered device(s) (Echo, Fire Tablet or similar)