|Enable Root Devices||Enable Features||Enable Root Device & Features|
|Use this option for devices that have only one controllable feature or only a controllable root device.||Use this option for devices that have more than one controllable feature.||This duplicates "Enable Root Devices" option.|
|If the root device is enabled for voice, the discovered device will use the root name and will only control either the root device or the first controllable feature. In the example above, the Closet Light will be controlled and it will appear like this in Alexa:.||If the root device is disabled for voice, and the feature are enabled, the discovered device(s) will use the feature names and every controllable feature will be controlled. In the example above, the Candle Lights & the Sofa Lights will be controlled they will appear like this in Alexa:.||If the root device and features are checked, the features will be ignored and the discovery will work as if only the root device was checked. In the example above, only the Candle Lights will be controlled and it will appear like this in Alexa:|
Google Home Setup
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile device and tap the + button in the top left corner.
- Tap Set up device, then Works with Google.
- A list of available Google Home integrations will appear. Tap the magnifying glass to search and look for HomeSeer, then tap it.
- You will now be prompted to enter your MyHS credentials. Enter the same information you use to log into HomeSeer Mobile or the MyHS webpage.
- After a brief moment, the two will be paired and you will be presented with a list of the devices in your HomeSeer which Google was able to see. You can now start selecting devices and adding them to different rooms and creating routines in Google Home!