Information on how to update your Z-Wave device firmware.
The firmware on many Z-Wave device's can be updated. The Update Device Firmware function allows you to update one device at a time. If you wish to update multiple identical devices at once, we recommend using Z-Flash. The firmware file will be required to update the device using this function.
- Navigate to Plugins→ Z-Wave→ Update Device Firmware
- Select the device to be updated via the drop down menu, click Continue.
- In Step 2, browse for the firmware file you wish to flash to your device by clicking the Upload Firmware File icon.
- Confirm that you do want to flash the firmware file in Step 3
Note: Flashing the incorrect or bad firmware files can cause your device to be inoperable. Proceed at your own risk.
- The firmware flashing can take anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the file.
- Once complete, you can preview the results and go back to your device list by clicking Finish.
The accepted file types are .gbl .hec and .hex