In order to control Z-Wave devices, such as light switches, thermostats, door locks and sensors, they must be included into a Z-Wave “network”. Follow the steps below to add your Z-Wave controller and create a Z-Wave network.
- Using a PC, tablet, or phone, open a browser and enter find.homeseer.com in the URL line. Then click the Search... button. When the results appear, click the IP address hyperlink in the System column to access your HomeTroller or HS3 software system.
- Open the PLUG-INS drop menu, then Z-Wave, then click Controller Management.
- Click the Add Interface button to begin the management process.
You will now be prompted to add an interface name, interface type, and the COM port of the interface. A good naming scheme is either the name of the interface you are using or the location of your Z-Wave controller (if you have multiple).
The interface type corresponds to the type of Z-Wave controller you are using. If you have using an IP2SL/WF2SL, select the Ethernet option.
- Click Add and let HomeSeer initialize the interface. Once initialized, you will be brought to a new screen.
- You must now enable the controller. Click the red circle with a line through it (“No symbol”) to enable it. You will see a green checkmark if the interface enabled correctly.
- To add another Z-Wave interface simply follow these instructions again.