This option only works on the Z-NET and SmartStick+.
This article is recommended only if upgrading from another Z-Wave interface.
- In your HS3 web interface, open PLUG-INS, then Z-Wave, then select Controller Management.
- Expand the listing for your interface, then select Back Up this interface from the Actions menu.
- Rename the backup file (if desired) and click the START button (as shown below). The operation should only take a few seconds and the word "Done" will appear when complete. Note the name of this file for later.
- Open PLUG-INS, then Z-Wave, then select Controller Management, and disable the interface by clicking the green check mark to the right of the interface name. A yellow and red crossed-out circle will appear, once the interface is disabled.
- Delete the interface from the software by clicking the delete button underneath the interface name. You must do this to avoid "Home ID" conflicts with Z-NET. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP and DO NOT ERASE YOUR EXISTING INTERFACE.
- Physically disconnect your existing interface from your system.
- Z-Troller: Disconnect the AC power supply and serial cable. REMOVE batteries.
- Z-Stick: Unplug the stick from its USB port. If the blue status light is blinking, then press its control button once.
- Store your existing interface in a safe place. This may be used as a backup should your Z-Wave interface were to ever fail.