Instructions on setting up the Nortek HUSBZ Z-Wave/ZigBee stick on the HomeTroller Plus.
Our Zigbee plugin requires the use of a Nortek HUSBZB-1 Z-Wave & Zigbee combo interface. However, the drivers for this product are not automatically installed by Windows. Follow the steps below to install the drivers onto your HS4-powered Windows 10 system. These instructions also work with the HomeTroller PRO.
- Download the Silicon Labs CP210x driver for Window 10.
- Extract the zip file to a folder on your desktop.
- Open Windows Device Manager, you can press the Windows key and type Device Manager to locate it.
- Expand the Other Devices section, then locate the HubZ Zigbee Com Port. Make a note of which COM port this device is using as we will need it later.
- Right click on the device, then select Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software, then Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Leave Show All Devices checked, then click Next and Have Disk.
- Click Browse... Navigate to the folder you extracted the files to in step 2.
- Select the file silabser.inf, click Open, then click OK.
- Click Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge and then Next.
- If you get a warning that Windows cannot confirm the device ID, click Yes to continue.
Your Zigbee interface should now appear in the Ports (COM & LPT) section of the Device Manager with a different name. You are all set to setup the Zigbee plugin now!
For more information on using ZigBee, click here to view further ZigBee documentation.