SmartStick+ G3 is a USB Z-Wave interface that’s designed to send and receive wireless Z-Wave commands to and from compatible smart home products in the home
HS4 Version: 126.96.36.199 or later | Z-Wave version: 188.8.131.52 or later
On a HomeSeer system
- Drivers: SmartStick+ is a virtual COM device with a USB port connection. A software driver is required to allow SmartStick+ to work. The driver is available on homeseer.com/downloads (SmartStick+ Driver). HomeSeer Linux-based hubs are already equipped with the appropriate drivers.
- Physical Installation: Simply attach SmartStick+ to a USB port on your HomeSeer system. If the driver is installed, a COM port number will be assigned by the operating system. To confirm this, open your Windows Device Manager and expand the Ports section. Your SmartStick+ will appear as a USB Serial Device. In the example at the right, Windows has assigned COM port #4 to this SmartStick+. Your COM port may be different.
- Access the web interface of your HomeSeer system using the find.homeseer.com service.
- Install the latest version of the HomeSeer Z-Wave plugin (Z-Wave plugin for HS4 v184.108.40.206 or later or Z-Wave legacy plugin v220.127.116.11 or later).
- Navigate to the Plugins > Z-Wave > Add Interface (HS4) or Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management, and click the Add Interface button (HS3).
- Name your SmartStick+, select the SmartStick+ as the device type and then the correct COM port.
- Finish going through the stepper process (HS4) or click the yellow and red disabled button to enable your new SmartStick+ (HS3).
- If system is installed outside of the US or Canada, you'll need to select the proper Interface Region to enable communication on the correct frequency.
- Click the Set Interface Region button
- Choose the proper Region and save your setting.
- Click the Set Interface Region button
On a non-HomeSeer system
- SmartStick+ G3 is a static bridge controller that uses the Z-Wave serial API. Check the manual or user guide for your system for details on how to add a Z-Wave USB interface to your system.
Upgrading From Another Interface
In some cases, HomeSeer system users may be able to upgrade from another interface to SmartStick+ G3 using a backup and restore process. If possible, this would substantially reduce the amount of time and effort needed to convert to SmartStick+ G3. Please visit the SmartStick+ G3 listing at https://homeseer.com/z-wave-interfaces/ for more information about upgrading.
|Z-Wave Chip Type||700 Series|
|Z-Wave SDK||7.15 (or later)|
908 MHz (US) as shipped
Europe | Australia | Hong Kong | Malaysia | India | Israel | Russia | China | Japan | Korea
|Wireless Range||Up To 300 Ft LOS|
|Operating Temp Range||0ºC to 40ºC|
|Power & Data||USB|
|Certifications||Z-Wave Plus, FCC|
|Dimensions||1.75 x 0.75 x 0.4 (inches)|
HomeSeer Technologies, LLC will repair or replace, at its option, any part of the device, which proves to be defective in workmanship or material under normal use, in the USA except in the states of Alaska or Hawaii, for a period of one year from the date the device is purchased. During the warranty period, HomeSeer Technologies, LLC will repair and provide all parts necessary to correct such defects, free of charge, provided the device has been operated in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines. The Customer will return the device to HomeSeer Technologies, LLC for testing and repair or replacement. Should you need service, during warranty period or beyond, contact HomeSeer to obtain return authorization before shipping your device to HomeSeer Technologies, LLC.
THE MANUFACTURER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RADIO OR TV INTERFERENCE CAUSED BY UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS TO THIS EQUIPMENT. SUCH MODIFICATIONS COULD VOID THE USER’S AUTHORITY TO OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT. STORE INDOORS WHEN NOT IN USE. SUITABLE
FOR DRY LOCATIONS ONLY. DO NOT IMMERSE IN WATER. NOT FOR USE WHERE DIRECTLY EXPOSED TO WATER.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference,
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used according to instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in any given installation.