HS-WA100+ installation and operation guide
HS-WA100+ is a wired companion switch that can only be used to remotely control HomeSeer wall dimmers or wall switches in a 3-way, 4-way or 5-way electrical circuit. HS-WA100+ is not a stand-alone switch and will not control an electrical load. See HomeSeer.com/lighting for a complete list of features and applications.
WARNING RISK OF FIRE | RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK | RISK OF BURNS
DO NOT USE THIS SWITCH TO CONTROL ANYTHING THAT MAY PRESENT A HAZARD WHEN CONTROLLED REMOTELY OR USED IN AN
UNATTENDED FASHION. DO NOT USE WITH MEDICAL AND LIFE SUPPORT INSTRUMENTS.
Tools required: medium standard and Phillips head screwdrivers, wire strippers/cutter
- Shut off power to the circuit at the circuit breaker or fuse box. VERIFY power is OFF before continuing!
- Remove existing 3-way switch’s wall plate and mounting screws. Carefully remove the existing switch from the electrical box but leave the wires connected.
- This companion switch should only be connected to these three wires:
- NEUTRAL - White (this wire is often tied to other neutral wires and may require a jumper to connect with the HS-WA100+)
- GROUND - Green or Bare
- TRAVELER - Red/Other (only used in 3-way circuits)
- Disconnect the wires from the existing switch and attach those wires to the HS-WA100+ using the screw terminal connectors on the back with the following procedure:
- Strip 16 mm (5/8”) insulation from each wire*.
- With a screw driver, loosen each screw terminal by rotating the screw counter-clockwise a few turns until resistance is felt.
- There are two holes on the back of the switch near each screw terminal. Insert the stripped wire into one of these holes and tighten the screw terminal to secure the connection. Connections should be snug. *all wires should be 14 AWG or larger rated at 80°C or higher. Tightening torque should be 12 lbf-in (14kgf-cm).
- Carefully install the wired switch back into the electrical box and reattach the trim plate.
Up to (3) HS-WA100+ companions may be used with wall dimmers or wall switches for 3-way, 4-way or 5-way operation.
HS-WA100+ is specifically designed to work with HomeSeer wall dimmers (HS-WD100+, HS-WD200+) or HomeSeer wall switches (HS-WS100+, HS-WS200+) in a 3-way circuit. It will not work with other brands of switches and it cannot control a load by itself.
Your new HomeSeer switch may only be operated locally (manually) with the following operations:
- Press (tap) the top of the paddle to power the load.
- Press (tap) the bottom of the paddle to cut power to the load.
- Press & Hold the top or bottom of the paddle to adjust the dim level of the load (when paired with wall dimmers).
HS-WA100+ will remotely activate the advanced features of HomeSeer wall dimmers and wall switches using these operations:
- Enhanced Event Triggers
- Multi-tap triggering - Tapping the top or bottom of the paddle once, twice or three times in rapid succession may be used as a trigger to launch HomeSeer events. Note: tapping the paddle once will also remotely control the local load.
- Press & hold - Pressing and holding the top or bottom of the paddle for 2 seconds may be used as a trigger to launch HomeSeer events. Note: Press & hold will also dim the load if connected to a wall dimmer.
- Instant Status:
- Instant status updates - Status changes to HomeSeer switches are monitored in real time with HomeSeer systems.
|Electrical||Requirements||120 VAC / 60 Hz|
|Wiring||Neutral, Traveler, Ground|
|Certifications||UL (US, Canada)|
HomeSeer warrants to the original purchaser that this product, for the warranty period, will be free from material defects and workmanship. This warranty is subject to proper installation and operation of the product. HomeSeer’s sole obligation, under this warranty, is to repair, replace or correct any defect that was present at the time of delivery. This warranty does not extend to consequential or incidental damage to other products that may be used with this product. Warranty claims must be submitted in writing directly to HomeSeer at HomeSeer.com. Warranty period: limited 1 year from date of purchase