Setup guide for the LIFX software plugin
This plugin is designed to allow HomeSeer HS4 to monitor and control LIFX bulbs. These features are supported:
- Auto discovers LIFX lights installed on your network.
- Control and monitor on/off, brightness, colors and infrared.
- Direct local communication between the plugin and the lights.
- All LIFX bulbs
- The lights need to be installed and configured from the LIFX app before they can be configured in HS4.
- The plugin needs to be able to communicate with each light on the UDP port 56700.
- The plugin needs to be able to send UDP broadcast packets on your network for discovery.
- Go to Plugins>LIFX>Manage Devices and click the "Discover LIFX Devices" button, this will discover all the LIFX lights available on your local network and create one HS4 device for each.
- General > Request Timeout: Depending on your network and the type of lights, some devices may take longer than others to respond to a request from the plugin. The default timeout for a request is 2 seconds, but if you get a lot of timeout errors in the logs, you may try to increase this value.
|Device Config Tab