Importing devices will pull the Z-Wave devices from your interface into your Devices page. This can be useful if your system stops working and you do not have a backup, or if you are using an Aeon Labs Z-Stick to add devices that live far away from your HomeSeer system.
Accessing the Legacy Z-Wave menu
If you have the Z-Wave UI plugin installed, the option to import devices will not be immediately available. Use the steps below to access it.
- Navigate to Plugins > Z-Wave > Settings
- Click the Show Legacy Z-Wave Menu slider, then click Save.
- It is now recommended to restart HS4 by shutting down the program window in Windows or by using Tools > System > Restart System on Linux.
- You will now have access to the Controller Management page and can start the instructions below.
Importing Z-Wave Devices
- From the web interface, use the pull down menus to navigate to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management.
- Locate the Z-Wave Interfaces area and expand the section of your Z-Wave Controller. Open the Actions drop-down menu and choose Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices.
- Click Start, your HomeTroller will now import your device information from your Z-Wave interface. When done, you will receive an acknowledgement such as “Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization”. Your Z-Wave devices may now be monitored and controlled from HomeSeer!